Incorporating these nine foods into your diet makes for healthier looking skin (and body too!)
Water, dark leafy greens, orange vegetables, avocado, fish, eggs, fruit
Specialty face masks and scrubs:
Honey almond body scrub: The perfect shower treat that will leave your skin soft and sweet.
Brown sugar: 1c
Almond oil: 1/2c
Vanilla extract: 1tsp
Mix together and use scrub in shower after washing your skin with soap. Rinse with warm water.
Avocado face mask: This two-part recipe couldn’t be easier to get smoother skin.
Extra-virgin olive oil: 2tsp
Mash avocado and mix with olive oil and spread on face, the results will banish that winter dryness.
Dark chocolate face mask: Dark chocolate is full of compounds that can highly benefit the skin.
Cocoa powder: 1/3c
Plain yogurt: 2tbsp
After blending the ingredients, you should leave mask on your face for 15-20 min.
Other useful household items:
– Use a small amount of sparkling wine (yes, wine!) on a cotton ball on your face to help reduce oil and detoxify
– Cut a lemon in half and rub it all over your face once a day to help fight blackheads
– Use lemon juice anywhere on the body to brighten and soften the skin
– Combine honey, lemon juice and olive oil and add to dry skin areas, let set for 10 min, rise
– Combine coconut water and lemon juice as an in-shower moisturizer, both hydrates and brightens your skin
– Combine 1/2c of strawberries, 1c of milk and 1c of corn starch into a smooth paste. This mask (2x per week) will help repair skin as well as act as an anti-aging agent
– Mash carrots with honey into a mask to help moisturize, repair, protect and tone your skin